Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Easy Mexican Dish-Barbacoa & Eggs

I grew up in a hispanic household,helping and watching my mom make good and easy mexican meals.

I hope you enjoy this yummy meal as much as my family and  I do! You can make this for breakfast or dinner=)This will feed 2-4 people.
Things you will need:
Crockpot
2 chuck steaks(2lbs together)
Corn tortillas or flour tortillas
Eggs
1 can of pinto beans
Limes
Green Onions
Cilantro
Spices: cumin,dried oregeno,chili powder,garlic,salt and pepper




OK. 1st you will want to pour 1 cup of water in the crockpot and place your steaks in the pot and set it for 8-10hrs.
You will then add the spices,( I don't usually measure spices) However, I would add about a tablespoon of cumin,3/4 teaspoon of chili powder,and oregeno. Salt and pepper to taste.


Then I usually squeeze in about 2 limes.
Put the lid on,and wait.




Ok, after the meat is cooked you will want to pull the meat apart. I usually do it on a cutting board,there is a lot of fat in the meat and you will want to separate the fat from the meat. Take the meat and put it into a skillet. I love a strong cumin taste so I always sprinkle a bit more in as well as one more lime's juice.



Fry some eggs,I usually put 2 fried eggs on each plate. 

After you fry the meat a bit and make your eggs,warm up either corn or flour tortillas,and warm up the pinto beans. You can mash them up after they cook. Then  place 2-3 tortillas on a plate,place your meat on top of the tortillas,next to it place some beans then the eggs.
For some yummy extra goodies liberally sprinkle  chopped green onions & cilantro on top of everything. Place some lime wedges on the side,maybe pour yourself a Margarita and enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of carne asada. Looks delish! I like easy meals.

    Your pictures are amazing. Look forward to the photo tips. I really need help in that area. Think I need a new camera, too :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope to get to some tutorials this week=)

    V

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!