Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Bokeh

I wish I could take credit for coming up with different shaped bokeh,but I can't. Ha. A few years back a lady,who I wish I could remember,posted some tutorials of different shaped bokeh. It rocked my world. So every Christmas since then I take pictures of my tree using this technique. Seriously the most easiest thing to do in the world. 




All you need to do is cut a piece of construction paper that will fit over your lens. Cut a little shaped tree,star,heart,etc.. in the middle of the paper then tape it over your lens. Thats it. Get creative,you can create all kinds of different shapes.To make it easier you can use some of those craft punches.


So easy.
Tips: If you have a DSLR I find it easier with a shutter speed below 1/40. A low aperture . And you may wanna bump up your ISO.I also find it easier using manual focus.
If you have a Point and Shoot turn your flash off,set your setting to macro,make sure its dark then set an object in front of your camera,like a pencil,so its in between you and your tree. Focus on your pencil till the tree in the background blurs and take the picture. Play around and have fun=))






10 comments:

  1. That is so cool and easy to do... I've never heard of the term before.
    Stopping by and following your blog from the F.M.B.T blog hop...
    Have a happy holiday season!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey V! Love the easy-peasy tip:) Thanks so much! Oh and i just gotta say your eyebrows are so beautifully shaped:) And since i simply love how cute your blog is, I am now following you thanks to Follow Me Back Tuesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have in Jocelyn and the amazing surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower. Oh! I never heard of bokeh before and thought I would try out your great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'm going to give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tip! My camera is pretty basic, but I think I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool and easy to do too!
    love your ideas inside your blog...very inspirational. will be following you girl!
    hugs
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Virginia! thanks for the tip! love your blog! best regards from Europe, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? That's all there is to it? There seems like there's a trick in there somewhere!! IS it just so you can laugh at us with all our bits of paper stuck over our lenses!!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! no I swear it works! I am not that clever anyways:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!